[ssm] IGMPv3/SSM API for Java ?

Looking at

  http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/net/MulticastSocket.html

it looks as if Java does NOT have any SSM API, eg: nothing like
JoinSourceGroup(). Can anyone more aware of Java confirm this ? Or
would any Java implementation implicitly trigger at least an IGMPv3
INCLUDE({S},G) membership report whenever a connected datagram socket
was bound to a group (get the source address from connect(), get the
group from JoinGroup() ?) ... I wouldn't think so.. ?

So, assuming the Java world has ignored SSM so far, what can be done
to change this ? I wouldn't even know who defines the API (within ?
outside of Sun ??)

Thanks
    Toerless